Sunday, 6 February 2011

Sketch & Stash #54 & Wild Orchid #16

Hi girls. Thanks for popping in to my wee blog. It's great to have you here and I hope you might be able to find something you like.
I had a major panic yesterday. My laptop died on me and the power light wouldn't even light up. Our local repair shop was closed for repairs after a leak in the roof after the recent bad weather so I thought I was in trouble. However my youngest son stripped the thing down and confirmed that the machine was OK so hubby went and bought a new power cable and transformer. Problem solved but would you believe it cost £75 - scandalous.
Anyway on to my card for today. I made this for entering the Sketch & Stash challenge and the Wild Orchid challenge where the theme was "Love is...". I have inked up Magnolia's "Edwin & Tilda Skating" and coloured it using a mixture of Copics and Polychromos Pencils. The papers are from My Mind's Eye Christmas stack 12x12 stack. The flowers are of course from Wild Orchid and the ribbon and glitter are from my stash.
I would love it if you could find time to leave a comment to let me know what you think of this card. I know it takes longer but as well as giving me the benefit of your opinion it also let's me know you've been here. I hope you enjoy what is left of your weekend and that you can stay safe and warm. Take care.


17 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona,
    It's awful without a computer,you feel lost I know...Beautiful card,love the colour combo...Hope your having a lovely weekend...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things aren't cheap hun! At least it got fixed (phew!)
    Love the card hun - great colours!
    Have a great Sunday,
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Fiona and such lovely papers too.
    Glad you got the laptop sorted.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch n Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Fiona the papers the colouring and the flowers all work so well together it is so rich in colour.
    I'm glad you managed to get the laptop working again!
    Hugs Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally gorgeous Fiona, so pretty and beautifully embellished. Bit of a scare there with the laptop, think I wouls of had a panic attack LOL
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely papers Fiona. Gorgeous stamp. See you soon. Take care. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scare - no laptop? One wonders how we used to manage.
    Fab card - lovely papers and gorgeous image.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi hun can completly understnd the feeling of that dread when you realised your laptop wasn't working. That was what was wrong with my laptop no power into it, turned out it was the power cables as well!!
    Fabby card hun and I hope you have a good week stay healthy and happy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this magnolia image, I think it's my favourite. You have done a gorgeous creation with it.
    I had the same thing with our Jodie's laptop just before christmas, but my cable cost me £13.99 from Amazon, but then I had to wait a few days for it to come.

    Glad you've got it working again.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Fiona that was an expensive fault...I love this stunning card, those ice skaters are so cute arent they and I love the MME papers too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi fiona,another gorgeous card, great image and papers:)

    thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are just gorgeous together!! Love the beautiful rich colours! Hugs juls

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your papers are beautiful and The couple are so sweet together. A really cute card.
    Elisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    The colours and flowers are gorgeous. I think this is a fantastic card.
    Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Fiona,
    Tilda and Edwin are just gorgeous. Fabulous colouring and flowers. This is a lovely card.
    Hugs, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! What a sweet couple!
    Thanks for joining the Love Is Challenge at Wild Orchid Crafts!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first thought is that this looked like my Daddy and I skating when I was a little girl. Thanks for the fond memory. It's just adorable! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for visiting my little blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. They are all so helpful,
Hugs,
Fiona x