Sunday, 5 December 2010

Wild Orchid Challenge #11 & An Award

Hi girls. Great to have you popping in to see my blog. I hope you like what you find.
The snow is beginning to thaw a bit - we are left with only 16 inches but it is still chaos in or estate. I know that many of my blogging friends are ill at the minute and I sincerely hope that you are all keeping safe and warm.
I made this card with the Wild Orchid challenge in mind. The theme is an "Old Fashioned Christmas". I inked up one of my Giordana Snowmen. he has been glittered and heat embossed in detail gold. The edges of the circle have been similarly heat embossed in gold detail. I have used the Plaid side of Basic Grey's "Fruitcake" paper along with Penny Black's "Berries". Green Bazzil was used as a mount. The image is coloured with a mixture of Copics and Pilychromos Pencils. The flowers are of course from Wild Orchid but I have heat embossed them in detail gold as well - unfortunately it doesn't show too well in the photograph. The ribbon and glitter are from my stash.
I hope you like this offering and that you might find a little time to leave a comment letting me know what you think. I love to read your views. Every comment is appreciated.
Stylish Blogger Award


I have been given this fantastic award by Joey over at Joey's Stuff. I am really flattered since for the last 12 weeks I have not been blogging every day. Thank you so much Joey. Why not nip over to see here marvellous creations - you will not be disappointed. Now the conditions in accepting this award are that I have to tell you 8 things about myself and then pass it on to 8 blogging friends.
So here are the facts:-

1. My favourite colour is pink.
2. I love Medical Dramas on TV
3. I love Tandoori meals
4. I have been married to my best friend for over 40 years.
5. I love Cruise holidays (when I am able).
6. I have been to Brazil
7. I love gardening (when I am able)
8. I was a nurse in my young days.

The 8 people I want to pass this on to are:-

Kathleen at The Daisy Chain
Barbara at Hunnybunnycards
Mina at Pinkpuds
Sandra at Cherry Pickin's
Sylvie at Gibmiss
Lisa at Mess2Magic
Jane at Jem's Crafting Blog
Juls at The Glitter Chick

Enjoy ladies and thank you for all your support. There are so many more I would have loved to mominate but I am limited to eight and I know that some of you have already received this or will do from those I have passed it on to.

Keeps safe and healthy.
Love and Hugs,

22 comments:

  1. gorgeous card huni!! sorry ive not been over for a while...*hangs head in shame*...i hope that the snow is not causing u 2 much disruptance!! although looking at ur profile pic u have have a good few inches more than us...but the schools are back...yay!! huge hugs Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and congrats on the award :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona! I love your Old Fashioned Christmas design, such a sweet image. Congratulations on your award too, well deserved.
    Hugs
    Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Fiona - that image is great, and although the theme is snowy, the colours make it feel all warm and homely!

    Hugs

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgoeus colour choice, relly fab card.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya Fiona
    wow hun a stunning card, awesome colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies,congratulations on your award well deserved, hi William, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this one hun, such lovely warm colours - just what we need this time of the year!
    And congrats on the award too, well deserved!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Fiona. Love the warm colours you've used and the design also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Fiona!
    grts
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Fiona. What an unusual colour combo for Christmas but it looks amazing.

    Sorry I've not been visiting but between Christmas card making, the snow and 2 lively puppies I don't even have time to read the paper except at work lol. Hope you're keeping better.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Fiona. Congratulations on the award and thankyou for sending it to me. I now have to write 8 things about myself. Beautiful card. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya fiona,sorry i havent been over to your blog for a while,been a busy little bee. Your card is fab and colour choice really nice. xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fiona .. thank you so much for the award - that's really kind of you. I really appreciate it
    I really really love this card .. the colours are just right up my street. The image is coloured beautifully.
    Can you tell i love it lol
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG What a gorgeous image and such a beautiful rustic colour combo. This is a fabulous creation. Congatulations on the award too you deserve it.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Fiona,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card Fiona. Love the colour choice - so different from the usual Christmas colours but perfect.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow Fiona thank you so much for thinking of me, thats so kind of you...I love love love this card, stunning papers and I love that image too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card Fiona! I love the vintage feel and colours you've created with this snowman!! Sorry it's taken me so long to get here and comment ... I've missed visiting but hope to be back on track a bit!! Hope you're staying safe with all the snow you've been having!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like all the gold embossing and the beautiful snowman. The card has a vinrage look to it. Amazing card.
    Hugs,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a special snowman. the colouring is beautiful. I think this card is lovely.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is just so so utterly gorgeous!!! Love that cute snowman and the gorgeous sepia colour tones!!! fabulous! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute, I love that snowman. Darling card.

    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for visiting my little blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. They are all so helpful,
Hugs,
Fiona x