Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Wild Orchid Challenge #1

Hi girls. Great to have you here in my corner of blogland. Thanks for taking the time to call in. Well it's obvious that T in the Park has finished. Not only because of the droves of bedraggled souls sitting at bus stops in Kinross with their sodden backpacks but because the weather has taken a definate turn for the better and the sun has been out all day. Summer has hopefully been returned to the locals.
I noticed that Wild Orchid have started a new challenge and since I love their flowers and the theme for the first challenge is "Say it with Flowers" I couldn't resist entering. How could I miss an opportunity to use flowers. In fact my next few cards might all end up as entries to this challenge. For this card I inked up Lili of the Valey's "Hello Gorgeous" and coloured it using Polychromaos Pencils. The main paper is "Butterflies" from Papermania's Capsule Collection and I used Bazzil Bling as a mount. the corners of the design paper were cut using a Martha Stewart corner punch. Everything else is from my stash.
I do hope you like this card and that you will want to leave a comment. I love reading what you have to say and I find your comments so helpful.
Enjoy whatever you are doing today and above all stay safe.
Hugs,



20 comments:

  1. wow what a stunner Fiona...I love how you used the flowers
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet as can be Fiona! A flower challenge is just made for you! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona
    aww what a darling card, those flowers look stunning, lovely papers & design,
    Hi William, the wine gums not the same any more, the red ones light red not nice n dark like use to be, would have shared them but didnt know you liked them till after i scoffed them! lol
    Have good day hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so so pretty Fiona, love the little arch of flowers.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous as ever hun! Loving the colours, and the big flower looks really yummy - might have to check out that challenge. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say! Another absolutely gorgeous card Fiona. I love everything about it! Looking forward to seeing you this afternoon! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card Fiona. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is adorable Fiona.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Fiona. Just perfect for a flower challenge. Love it.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fiona. Hope you are well. Managed to connect beths iPod. Just wanted to say hello. Thinking of you. Beatiful cards as usual. Soon be home . Missing michael. Be in touch soon Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the sun is shining for you - miserable here but then I got lots of sun last week!
    What an adorable card, I love the way you have framed the image it really compliments the subject.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Fiona,i love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fiona the is beautiful, your flowers are lovely as always,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Fiona you've made this image look so pretty, we seem to like the same cute and pretty things, lili of the valley stamps with wild orchid flowers my fav.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Fiona!! Love your flowers, the sweet image and your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Fiona, love your card the pinks a gorgeous. Good luck with the challenge. Might have a go myself if I can get the time.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fiona this is so adorable, your coloring is gorgeous and your flower treatment is stunning! Love the arch you have created with it! Thanks for joining us at the debut of WOC Challenge!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the ribbon and the flowers are stunning. The MS corner punch is next on my list, I love it.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet, love how you designed the flowers and the ribbon
    Gorgeous job!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for visiting my little blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. They are all so helpful,
Hugs,
Fiona x